Friday, February 24, 2006

He Is Gone

I never would have guessed that Sunday, February 19, 2006, would be the last day that I would see him,for the time being. Tuesday night between 8 and 8:30 I got the call. Through sobs on the other line I learned the truth. My face went pale and tears slipped down my face. "How can this be", I asked myself. For the past 4 months I had made it my goal. I talked to him, I laughed with him, I shared with him, I watched him, I listened to him, and most of all, I prayed for him. Never in a million years would I have seen this coming. I knew that not everything was picture perfect, but I thought things were ok. It's hard not to be mad, it's hard not to cry, it's hard to even think about it. One thing did happen and I will never forget it. Sunday morning I had given him a valentine not knowing what impact it would cause. This kind of makes you want to laugh and cry at the same time. The valentine was simple and cute, it read this, "To thank you for the way you shine, here's a cherry valentine". That night he told me that that was the only valentine that he got this year. I thought about that later. God had enabled me to give him that simple little valentine right before everything happened. I thought that that was so cool. See, God works in every single thing, big and small. I'll just keep on praying and I hope you will too. I will miss my friend and it will take awhile for it to sink in, but if God's on my side everything will work out. Thanks for reading. Post later (Lord willing)

4 comments:

Rosieee! said...

you are absolutley right everything is going to work out great. God is fantastic like that. I'll be praying for you.

*millions of hearts*

Anonymous said...

"... if God is on my side ..."

You can zap the "IF" from that phrase! Rom 8:31!

We'll keep praying through, for sure.


Clint

Kristen! said...

You were a GREAT friend to Jason. You did make it your goal to reach out, and I know he really appreciated your kindness. I could tell that he thought of you as a friend, and you helped to bring out the best in him. Thanks for being there, and thanks for loving my brother. Your understanding helps comfort me. Thanks for the note you gave me Wednesday night, too. It was very sweet. I love your heart, and I love you. xoxox

Anonymous said...

remember jason is not dead, he is just gone for awhile. he made a bad choice and now he has to deal wit the consequences. that is what sin is. remember he probably repented for what he did, he is clean before the lord. we all make some bad choices. we just have to think before we leap.